This information has been moved to an updated article on the Investing tab. Click here to go to the full article, which covers these topics:
- Income Placement: A simple idea that greatly reduces the need for you to rebalance your portfolio.
- Percent Triggers: An excellent strategy that precious few investment firms offer. How it works and where you can find it.
- Calendar Triggers: A common strategy that's less effective than you may think. Evidence that monthly, quarterly and yearly rebalancing are over-rated.
- Compound Triggers: How to get the best combination of calendar and percent triggers, particularly if you intend to do your own rebalancing. Getting better returns with less work.
- Cash Flow: A neglected topic that affects your rebalancing strategy if you are making regular deposits or withdrawals.