A Blended Portfolio
This simulated portfolio was originally described in A Portfolio with Steady Growth and Minimal Drawdowns. Its modified composition as of September 1, 2019, would be:
- Vanguard Balanced Index Admiral Shares (VBIAX), 0%.
- Vanguard Global Minimum Volatility Fund (VMVFX), 0% (because the 12-month total return fell behind that of intermediate-term Treasuries).
- Vanguard Intermediate Term Bond Index (VBILX), 20%.
- Vanguard Intermediate Term Treasury Index (VSIGX), 80%.
An All-Max Portfolio
With a goal to maximize total returns in the long run, while sometimes rotating out of stocks to limit potential drawdowns, this ETF portfolio remains more conservative than usual. Its compostion, however, is slightly revised from a month ago:
- Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI), now 25%, an increase from last month.
- Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF (VEA), still 0%.
- Vanguard Long-Term Treasury ETF (VGLT): still 50%.
- Vanguard Intermediate-Term Bond Index ETF (BIV), now 25%.
An All-Min Portfolio
Unchanged this month, this portfolio is designed for low-risk income and remains as originally described:
- Vanguard Target Retirement Income Fund (VTINX), 0%
- Vanguard Intermediate-Term Treasury Index (VSIGX), 100%.
Portfolios described here are presented for information only, not as investment advice. They are based on simulations that may not capture or reproduce every aspect of actual investing. Historical results are no guarantee of future performance. All investments are subject to risks. You may lose money, and your assets may be vulnerable to inflation. You are responsible for your own investment decisions.
Able to Pay LLC is not a registered investment adviser and does not own, sell, or manage any of these portfolios. Alex Wilkinson may own similar portfolios in personal accounts.